Bean salad with mango and avocado
Substituting meat for plant-based foods can provide health benefits as mentioned in another article. I am therefore sharing with you this Mexican bean salad which can not only be used as a side dish but also as a main. You could also serve them with tacos or tortilla chips as an appetizer. With the sweet taste of the mango and corn, the creaminess of the avocado and the tanginess of the lime, it makes a perfect dish for the warmer temperatures!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Quantity: 4 portions
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 mango (cut in cubes)
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 avocado (cut in cubes)
- ¼ cup of red onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp (10 ml) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- In a bigger bowl, mix all the ingredients for the salad and add the dressing. Mix well.