Barbecued tofu skewers
Barbecue and summer undeniably go hand in hand! As mentioned in another blog post, grilling meats can result in the formation of certain carcinogenic compounds, especially if some precautions are not taken. As an alternative to meat, here is a recipe of tofu skewers that are perfect to grill on the barbecue both for vegetarians and meat-lovers!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Quantity: 4 portions
- 450g extra firm tofu, cut in cubes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak bamboo skewers for at least 15 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a big bowl.
- Add the diced tofu and marinate for at least 2 hours (ideally overnight) in the refrigerator, turning the tofu cubes occasionally to ensure that they are well coated with the marinade.
- Thread the tofu onto the skewers.
- Grill the tofu skewers on the barbecue for about 10 minutes on each side until they become golden brown.