Barbecue roasted mixed nuts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Quantity: 3 cups
- 3 cups mixed nuts of your choice (almonds, cashews, walnuts, peanuts, pecans, Brazil nuts, etc.)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all the spices and the sugar in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white until firm peaks are formed.
- Stir in the nuts in the whisked egg white and mix well until the nuts are coated with the egg white.
- Add the mixture of spices to the nuts and mix well.
- Spread the mixture of nuts on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, making sure to stir the nuts half-way through the baking process (that is, after the first 15 minutes).
- Leave the nuts to cool completely before transferring to a jar or a serving dish.